Translator (English to French, French to English)
Flex Travel Solutions
Montréal, QC, Remote Work
Posted 5 months ago
We are currently looking for a translator to join our team, working remotely. This person will be responsible for the translation of our marketing initiatives, publications on our social networks, various corporate documents as well as internal and external communications of the organization. He or she will collaborate with various departments to meet the translation needs from English to French (95%) and vice-versa (5%). This is a part-time opportunity, based on the business needs.
- Translate from English to French or from French to English of internal and external communications, technical documents, presentations, marketing initiatives, website, digital marketing, social media, sales literature, internal communications, quality, regulatory and more.
- Ensure the quality of communications and translations.
- Work collaboratively with various internal departments to support communication and ensure consistency in communication style (sales, IT, quality / regulatory affairs, marketing, etc.)
- Check spelling, syntax, grammar, etc. of various communications, texts, publications, videos, etc.
- Plan the steps of each project, manage time well, consider deadlines in the delivery and ensure good communication with stakeholders.
- Know how to adapt the tone of the writing to the different target audiences, ensure that the content of the translation conveys the original meaning and tone.
- Participate in various marketing team meetings to support different communication projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in translation, linguistics or literature – students are welcome to apply.
- At least 2 years experience in translation or technical editing from English to French and/or French to English.
- Mastery of spelling and grammar, as well as a passion for the proper use of the French and English languages.
- Perfect fluency of French and English.
- Good knowledge of the culture, reality / language expressions specific to Quebec.
- Excellent knowledge of the main research and consultation tools (grammars, dictionaries, lexicons, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills and outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Office suite and comfort with technology.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Very good ability to manage tight deadlines and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good ability to manage different projects simultaneously.
- Intellectual curiosity, autonomy, attention to detail and professionalism.
- Good team spirit and desire to excel.